Challenge: With an extensive history of high-profile reporting, ambitious targets, and programs aimed at elevating social and environmental performance in its supply chain, NIKE’s corporate responsibility reports are often looked to as a model.
BuzzWord Solution: NIKE sought BuzzWord’s help in completing its FY07-09 report, which won the top North American reporting award. NIKE turned to BuzzWord again to develop the content for its FY10-11 corporate responsibility report, which won a top international reporting award, and for its FY12-13 report. Because of the highly varied audiences for Nike’s reporting, the content was delivered through a substantial print/PDF summary report and a highly interactive website aimed at helping consumers and other stakeholders understand NIKE’s CR journey, its challenges, successes and shortcomings.
- FY2013, first runner-up for Best Report, Corporate Register Reporting Awards
- FY2013, winner for Innovation in Reporting, Corporate Register Reporting Awards
- FY2010/11, winner for Best Report. Corporate Register Reporting Awards
- FY2010/11, winner for Innovation in Reporting. Corporate Register Reporting Awards
- FY2010/11, #4 for Openness and honesty. Corporate Register Reporting Awards
- FY07-09, Best Sustainability Report in North America. Ceres/ACCA reporting awards
Global Reporting Initiative Status:
- BuzzWord is helping Nike plan an approach to GRI G4 reporting
- G3 self-declared B-level; use of Apparel and Footwear Sector Supplement